👋🏼 Welcome to CodeMacabre!
This is the personal site of Myles Lewando (pronounced le-van-doe), a developer, educator, and data visualisation and accessibility specialist.
Myles is a mental health rights activist, and is passionate about inclusive, ethical technology, and data justice. He uses he/him pronouns, mostly.
Roles and memberships
Alongside a day-job as a data visualisation developer, Myles is also involved in other activities. These include:
- Member of the Mental Health Inequalities Advisory Group for Welsh Government's Health & Social Care Committee (July 2022 - present)
- Member of Welsh Government's Cross-Party Group on Digital Rights and Democracy (Feb 2022 - present)
Myles has a menagerie of multi- and no-legged pets, including:
- 🐌 giant African land snails
- 🐛 various species of millipedes
- 🕷️ various species of tarantulas
- 🪲 a pair of blue death-feigning beetles
- 🪵 occasionally, stick insects
…and one human child.
As morbid as it sounds, Myles loves graveyards, crypts and catacombs 🪦. Where possible, he tries to visit weird and unusual ones, or just take a quiet walk around a local one.
Send Myles an email
or find him on